Entry Level Designer
Project Designer level position opening:
Wolf | Josey Landscape Architects is looking for a great Project Designer to join our team and help the studio bring well-crafted conservation, urban, garden and campus design to its clients.
Why is this job important to Wolf | Josey Landscape Architects?
Great design comes from team involvement. These designers will be integral to the design process as strong researchers, designers, and thinkers. Because of our holistic office approach, the new employees will jump into all phases of the design process and be expected to learn and handle a variety of tasks.
What are we looking for?
- 1 to 3 Years of employment history in a landscape architecture studio environment
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- Ability to work within complex landscape drawing sets with multiple subconsultants
- Strong proficiency with AutoCad
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Rhino and MS Office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working on a diversity of landscape projects, from master planning to project details
- Strong graphics and ability in both hand and graphic visualization
- Knowledge and interest in regional plants
- Demonstrate technical skills, an attention to detail, and problem solving ability
About the position:
- Coordinate, create and draft construction document packages
- Work closely with principals and staff designers on project design and execution
- Travel to project sites to meet with clients and consultants and review construction progress
- Prepare and help coordinate graphic and written presentations
- Create 3D and perspective renderings
- Shared design sensibilities
About Wolf | Josey Landscape Architects:
Located in downtown Charlottesville, Virginia, Wolf | Josey was founded by Mary Wolf and Paul Josey. Their 40 years of combined experience includes a broad range of projects from public park and college campuses to botanical gardens and private residences. With the belief that all landscapes are important contributors to a community and the environment, we bring our values of design and ecological responsibility to every project regardless of scale. Within our website you will find examples of urban, institutional, botanical, and agricultural projects, each approached with this sensibility in mind.
Submit the following in PDF format not exceeding 10mb in file size via email:
- Cover letter
- Portfolio (or 3-4 representative project pages with project role defined).
Email with subject line “Project Designer | First & Last Name” to
Wolf | Josey Landscape Architects
310 2nd Street Ste. F
Charlottesville, VA 22902
No phone calls please